The Sparrows ULTRA decoder is designed to decipher the combination of multi wheeled locks. By placing the Sparrows ULTRA on the axle that runs though the wheels inside the lock the operator can feel for changes in the features of the axle. Flat spots or grooves on the axle can be felt by the Ultra Decoder as the operator spins the wheels. These flat spots or grooves will reveal the locks combination. By using the decoder on the axle beside each
wheel the operator can line up all the flat spots or grooves to the same position. When this is done the combination will be set. The final step is to move combination into the correct position. Simply roll each wheel down one position and test the lock to open. Repeat this process until it does open. The ULTRA Decoder is made from thin high test steel with a solid steel handle covered in a thermo plastic coating.
The Ultra decoder can also be used to depress the locking bar inside the Master 175 and other similar models quickly opening the lock.
To open the Master 175
- Place the Ultra Decoder to the left of the third wheel.
- Slide the Ultra in half way close to the top
- Depress the hasp of the lock
- Pinch the steel of the Ultra decoder between your thumb and index finger as close the lock as possible
- Push down on the Ultra decoder and you will feel and hear the internal springs depress as the lock opens.